Tips & Tricks for ukulele luthiers – build, set-up, repair & maintenance.
- The Biggest Ukulele Building Blunders – Things to avoid on your DIY ukulele builds
- DIY Homemade Ukulele – Short write-up of making a ukulele with tool list
- How To Build Your Own Ukulele (not)! – Funny video how not to build your own ukulele
- How To Hand Bend Wood Ukulele Panels – Traditional technique used by professionals
- How To Ukulele Neck Joint Construction – Five methods of ukulele neck joint
- How To French Polish & Mix Shellac – Tutorials of mixing shellac flake & French Polish
- How To Install Pickup In Acoustic Ukulele – Warts & all write-up from an amateur luthier
- Print Your Own Ukulele Or Parts – 3D printing has finally found a proper use
- Uke Building Blogs – Best Ukulele Building Blogs To Follow
- Ukulele Tonewood Suppliers – Ukulele Tonewood suppliers from around the world
- Facts About Ukulele Building – That will impress your friends
- Fluorocarbon Ukulele Strings – Cheap alternative to pre-packed
- More Ukulele Build Tips & Techniques – Coming Soon
- Ukulele Set-up Overview – How the pro’s do it
- General Ukulele Intonation Correction – Quick ukulele trick
- How To Lower Ukulele Action @ The Nut – Ukulele first fret intonation
- Ukulele Intonation Problem Diagnosis – Ukulele Intonation Video 1
- Ukulele Intonation Problem Therapy – Ukulele Intonation Video 2
- Ukulele Fret Dressing & Crowning With Nail Buffer – Ukulele luthiery trade secret
- How To Lower Ukulele Action @ The Bridge – Coming Soon
- More Ukulele Setup Tips & Techniques – Coming Soon
Ukulele Repair & Maintenance
- How To Repair Crack In Ukulele Body Wood – Technique to repair cracked ukulele
- How To Repair Broken Nut – Super Glue & Baking Soda
- How To Repair Ukulele Top Separated From Sides – Repair ukulele using spool clamps
- Repair Magnets – Ukulele luthiery trade secret
- Cleaning Ukulele Finishes & Hardware – Ukulele luthiery trade secret
- Ukulele Re-string – Including (bridge break) quick ukulele string change trick
- Super Glue & Baking Soda Trick – Ukulele nut adjustment & repair trick
- Ukulele String Buzz – Diagnosis and resolutions
- How To Replace Broken Bridge – Coming Soon
- How To Clean & Treat Ukulele Fretboard – Coming Soon
- More Ukulele Repair Tips & Techniques – Coming Soon
Stew Mac Trade Secrets – Coming Soon
TZ Tips – Coming Soon
Ukulele build, repair and maintenance tips and ideas from professional ukulele luthier Tom Ziegenspeck!
Coming soon – The first article from Tom, an introduction and a deep dive into his 3 favourite Ukulele Finishes – Different ways to give your Ukulele a nice Finish.
DIY Hack Your Uke
Several different tricks to repair, adjust or adapt your ukulele and accessories with one single product!
Here we have an entire section dedicated to my favourite latest discovery… Sugru. This fantastically versatile product can be used in many different ways to repair or alter your accessories and ukulele to either fix, improve, protect or in some other way enrich your ukulele musical experience.
“Sugru’s patented technology is unique in its combination of hand-formability, self-adhesion and flexibility when cured. It feels like modelling clay, and it’s that easy to use too. Once cured, its durable properties mean it’s comfortable in extreme environments from the dishwasher to the ocean in Antarctica.” – Sugru Website.
Click the images below to see the great ideas people have come up with for using Sugru to repair or improve your ukulele and accessories. For more technical data see the TDS and MSDS or for more fun and interesting ways to use Sugru and of course to purchase it see the website here.